Friday, April 10, 2015

Nana's Birthday Gift Set

Hi Everyone:

Anita here and I'm so excited to be sharing my first post as part of the amazing DigiPlayGround Creative Team.  My mother-in-law had a birthday on 4/3 and I created this lovely gift set using files from the DigiPlayGround Store.  I will link to the specific file below.  My mother-in-law is a girlie girl and a special lady and I wanted her gifts to be extra pretty.

I put together the bow for her package using some lovely papers from Echo Park called Jack & Jill. 
I ran the pink strips through my Zyron machine, which I love using for altered items.  It put adhesive on the back of the papers which allowed me to stick them on the green papers.  These files are by the fabulous designer Jamie Cripps and she has an easy to follow, clear tutorial on her blog which links from the DigiPlayGround store.  This paper is really on the thick side so I ended using three brads when I put the bow together.  One for the bottom row, one for the second row and one for the middle.  I used a wet glue to adhere the three layers together and pushed down on it gently while it was drying.  For those who are curious, the wrapped present is a pound of chocolates.

3d gift package bow
I fell in love with this Rose a2 card cut file also from Jamie Cripps.  I love how it came out and I didn't have to worry about fluffing up the dimension because it went into the gift bag with her gift card.
It was such an easy file to work with and made such a beautiful card for my recipient.  This cut file  can be found in the DigiPlayGround store.  I used pop dots between the layers to give it even  more dimension.
rose a2 cut out card
Lastly I made a gift bag which comes from a great file set also from Jamie which makes two sizes of gift bags.  It is super easy to put together and I ended up cutting an extra piece at the top to have some contrast on my white box.
This bag is called 3d large scalloped fold over gift bags by Jamie Cripps and the link takes you to the store to buy yourself this awesome cut file. 
This gift bag set is made to work perfectly with two sided patterned paper and would look so pretty done that way also.
3d large scallop fold over gift bags
Enjoy the rest of your day and I will be back soon with some more lovely projects from this fabulous store.
Hugs,








No comments: